Our TSS Team works with YOU to Provide the Training Your Educators Need
Every child is unique with his or her own individual needs. At ATN we understand that like each child, each classroom, each school and each school district is unique and has specific needs. Our TSS Team is ready to work with you to develop a training program that meets your unique needs. We can provide a one-hour overview of the impact of trauma on children and one- and two-full day professional development trainings. We can assist in the strategy and implementation of a school-wide trauma-sensitive plan through our train-the-trainer model. We also offer ongoing consultation.
Our goal is to provide what you need to create a Trauma-Sensitive School program while recognizing that becoming trauma-sensitive is a process more than a destination.
One-Day Training Objectives
- Be aware of the different types of childhood trauma and their prevalence.
- Realize the impact of trauma on a child’s neurobiology and the influence of this atypical neurobiological development on learning and social/emotional growth.
- Recognize learning challenges and behaviors that are a result of trauma, and develop plans for addressing them in a trauma-sensitive way through mindfulness practices, resiliency development and executive function support.
- Understand how trauma-informed care fits into the Universal Design for Learning.
- Develop strategies to avoid re-traumatization.
Consultation and Strategic Planning
- Create a goal statement that reflects your vision for trauma-sensitive education.
- Identify programs and curriculum currently in place that support children with trauma exposure.
- Develop action plans for trauma-informed care in all three tiers of response.
- Identify assessments and data collection processes currently in place that can be used to measure progress.
- If necessary, develop assessments to measure progress.
In this mode, ATN consultants work with an identified cohort of school or district representatives. The cohort members will learn to realize, recognize and respond to childhood trauma while creating programs that help teachers and staff avoid re-traumatization. In addition, the corhort members will learn to develop goals and action plans, assess their progress and train others in trauma-informed care.
Here’s what attendees of our workshops are saying:
“You are wonderful presenters who are clearly passionate about your work!”
“Presenters were fun and knowledgeable.”
“Real experience that we all can relate to.”
“Good presenters; good job keeping me engaged.”
“Please continue your important work.”
“Well worth my time as a parent and a teacher!”
Trauma-Sensitive Schools (TSS) Professional Development is now offered by ATN. Trauma-informed school professionals and therapeutic parents at ATN can provide training and consultation to your school district. Educators from across the country have already utilized these resources. Call 888-656-9806, ext. 5 and leave your name for more information or complete the form below.
* These fields are required.