Devoted to creating school-wide trauma-sensitive reform
ATN’s TRAUMA SENSITIVE SCHOOL
ATN’s Trauma-Sensitive Schools Initiative is devoted to creating school-wide trauma-sensitive reform. Our experienced educators and those with expertise in early childhood trauma are working together to develop Professional Development Programs For Educators to help them:
- Understand the effects of early childhood trauma and/or separation on neurobiological development.
- Learn how early trauma impacts learning and behavior.
- Discover the motivation behind students’ behaviors by using Trauma-Informed Behavioral Assessments.
- Learn instructional strategies that help to heal the neurobiological impact of early childhood trauma.
- Explore classroom strategies that develop resiliency and improve learning outcomes for ALL children.
- Develop Trauma-Sensitive school-wide approaches to discipline.
This Professional Development Training can be done with any size group of:
- Social Workers
- Resource Officers
ATN’s TSS Team is also available for short and long-term consultation and strategic planning.